10.05.2012

First Foods: Sweet Potatoes

Last week the little man branched away from cereals and headed into the world of pureed foods. I thought regular ol' white potatoes would be a huge hit (I adore potatoes, I thought for sure Marcus would follow suit), I couldn't have been more off the mark. Marcus, without a doubt, disliked every. single. bite.

This week we moved onward, and upward. Sweet potatoes!
Doesn't look too bad, right? I had to sample the goods. The way I see it, if I'm making Marcus eat it, I'd better be willing to at least try it. I thought it wasn't too bad. Reminded me of carrots...
And, how did the little monkey respond to this?
Upper  left: At first I thought we'd hit another food failure.
Upper right: Then, things started to look up.
Lower left: Not too shabby.
Lower right: Little man throughly enjoying this new food - YAY!
Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. Sweet potatoes are a hit in this house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment