11.12.2014

Creamy Chicken Tacos

The Crock Pot has been working over time in my house. I'm kind of over having to fully think out a meal, prep it, and then correctly execute it. And, since it's FINALLY sort of starting to feel like Fall around here nothing can top a Crock Pot full of deliciousness come dinner time.

I'm always on the hunt for new recipes, and lately we've been kind of in a rut with the same meals on repeat. We love us some tacos, and have been feasting on our traditional Crock Pot Chicken Tacos pretty much weekly. When I saw this version it was an obvious must try.

After the first bite it was clear we'd be having this on the regular.

If you're looking for something easy, something to mix up your nightly routine, I'd highly recommend this one.

Creamy Chicken Tacos
serves 4-6
What You'll Need
4-5 boneless chicken breast
1 - 15oz can black beans
1 - 15oz can corn
8oz favorite salsa
1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese

How You'll Make It
Drain and rinse black beans.
Drain corn.
Place frozen chicken breast in crock pot.
Add beans, corn, and salsa atop chicken.
Cook in crock pot on high for 3-4 hours, or on low 5-6 hours (or until chicken is cooked).
Shred chicken.
Add cream cheese. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Stir all ingredients.
Place in taco shells, top with favorite toppings (cilantro, onion, lettuce, cheese, etc.).

Not only is this awesome in taco form, it'd be great in a burrito, or even something a little simpler, like chip dip.

Enjoy!
Recipe Source

12 comments:

  1. Definitely going to try this! I like easy meals. Especially when I can put it in the crockpot in the morning before I leave for work and come home to a fully cooked meal. It's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love crock potting all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! I will definitely be bookmarking this for later. The crock pot is definitely one of our most under used kitchen appliances and I plan to remedy that this "winter" (haha can you call it winter if it's still 70?)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm going to try these. Sound so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. Seriously, yum. These are definitely going on my meal plan for next week - possibly even this weekend. And yep, we live out of the crock pot as well! It's just so much easier cooking and clean up wise. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family would love this. I love cooking with the crock pot. So much easier than heating an oven or using the stove top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so good! we took chicken out this morning, i wish i had the balls to touch it and put it in the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yum! I am so going to make this! Maybe this weekend, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm they sound like how I do my enchiladas, so naturally I'd love em! They sure look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes yes yes. Oh man, now I am SO craving tacos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I makes something almost exactly like this but use shredded chicken and make it for burritos. This looks like an even yummier option! Must try because I love crock pot meals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look pretty delicious! Definitely gonna pin this!

    ReplyDelete