7.05.2012

Key West Grilled Chicken

It's been awhile since I've posted about food! Much to my dismay, my freezer meals have vanished, and we've been living off left-overs and easy staples.

After reading a few of my favorite foodie blogs I came across this Key West Grilled Chicken, twice. It was a sign. I had to make this.

And I did.
And it was glorious.

Watching the news, it sounds like things are SCORCHING in most parts of the country. This is a great dish that requires zero time cooking in the kitchen. You don't really want to turn your oven on right now, do you?

Key West Grilled Chicken
For the chicken:
4 chicken breast
1/4 cup soy sauce (do yourself a favor and use the reduced sodium kind!)
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp veggie or canola oil
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (1-2 limes worth)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 jalapeno, seeded

For Mango Salsa:
1 mango, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 green onions, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper, to taste

Chicken:
In a large bowl whisk soy sauce, honey, veggie/canola oil, lime juice, and garlic.
Place chicken in a gallon-size freezer bag.
Pour marinade over chicken.
Drop the 1/2 jalapeno in the bag and seal 'er up.
Allow to marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
Grill on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side, baste with left over marinade a few times.
*I also used the left over marinade to coat some corn, and grilled that up as well. De-lish!

Salsa:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refridgerate until ready to use.
When your chicken is done top with some salsa. If you're tempted to eat the salsa straight out of the bowl with a spoon I won't judge. Fact of the matter is, I probably did that myself.


 Even the Chunky Monkey knows a good meal when he spots one.
He was veeery interested in what Dad was eating.
"C'mon Dad, just a little bite?"

Source: Slight adaptations made from Iowa Girl Eats and Never Trust a Skinny Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment