Four years ago I wrote my very first post and hit the "publish" button. Never in a million years did I think that first archaic post would lead to so many opportunities, discoveries, documentations, and friendships.
I have a genuine love for this blog and the community to which it has brought me. There are women with whom I've never actually met in real life, but feel like I can truly call my friends. I've also had the wonderful experience of meeting some great ladies face to face. Blogging has certainly brought about so much more than I ever dreamed.
A huge thanks to Elizabeth from Chasin' Mason (blogging friend and real life friend), who was so kind to ask me to join in the Sisterhood of the World of Bloggers Award.
The rules are pretty easy:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer a few questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 5-10 bloggers that you love.
4. Include questions to be answered for the bloggers you nominate.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
Macke Monologues has made a few transformations since it's beginning. At first it was a way to keep family and friends in the Midwest updated on what Scott and I were up to in Southern California. Then there was a stint where I did a lot of food blogging. When Marcus came along the blog became a way to document our lives as a family. I have a feeling it will continue along that path, especially once M² arrives.
2. What have you learned about blogging since you started?
This space is a fluid one. I love that it is mine and it can be anything I want it to be.
After a small internal struggle, I learned I don't care if I have 10 or 10,000 followers, or if my posts are "pin-worthy." While I *love* meeting new bloggers and making connections "making it big" with my blog is not really a goal. This is my space to reflect on all the things my little family has done since I began posting - it's like a memory book of sorts. What I care about is that I write about what I love, and making friends along the way is a fabulous bonus.
3. Provide a link to your favorite blog post.
As of late, this post has been one I've read over and over: To the Little Boy Who Stole My Heart. I'm all over with emotion as we anticipate the birth of M², and I have needed to read and re-read that post to remind myself that everything will be ok.
4. Have you made virtual friends because of blogging? Have you met them "in real life"?
I touched on this above. But to answer, yes. There are so many amazing ladies who have entered my life, all due to blogging. I've even been so fortunate as to have met several in real life. Of course, there are so many more I'd love to meet one day.
5. Does your family read your blog, and if so does this affect what you say or how you say it?
I began this blog primarily for family to read, so yes, a majority of them read it. However, I do tend to keep my language in check on the blog, some of my more colorful choice words I refrain from using. If you chat with me in real life you'll quickly learn I'm pretty prone to say, "Damnit," "Oh shit," and "What the hell?!" A. Lot.
6. What's your favorite thing to eat and drink in the summer?
This summer I have been destroying watermelon and grapes. They are just so cool, and sweet, and juicy. When I'm not pregnant I love a good cold glass of Summer Brew. But, this summer it's been pretty low key with plain old ice water.
7. Are you a nail polish fan? If so, what color and what brand are your favorite?
Nail polish isn't really my thing. With all the time I spend in the swimming pool nail polish doesn't really stand a chance. If I do actually apply any color it's usually something bright and fun on my toes and something light and fairly neutral on my fingers.
8. What is your go-to meal for dinner?
If I'm drawing a blank for meal idea (which happens weekly) Crock Pot Chicken Tacos are always clutch. We also grill a lot of turkey burgers and hot dogs.
9 What is your favorite holiday and why?
Hands down, Christmas. Between celebrating the birth of Christ, to spending time with family and all the traditions, to the magic that surrounds the holiday, it's just an unbeatable time.
10. What is one piece of advice you would give fellow bloggers?
It's pretty cliché, but write for you. Don't try to be someone you're not. Don't worry about the number of followers or page views or pins. When that happens bloggers tend to lose sight of their space, and that is pretty transparent to readers. Write because you love it, not because you think someone else will. Be you.
Join the fun if you'd like:
Courtney :: Sweet Turtle Soup
Crystal :: Hall Around Texas
Erin :: Homemade Happenings
Sara :: Running From the Law
Tayler :: The Morrell Tale
1. What do you hope to accomplish from blogging?
2. What have you learned since you began blogging?
3. Provide a link to your favorite blog post.
4. Please provide a link to one blog you follow/read daily, and briefly tell why you enjoy that particular blog/blogger so much.
5. What is something you enjoy doing just for you?
6. Do you have a favorite quote or Bible verse? If so, please share, and explain why it's a favorite.
7. What is your favorite holiday?
8. What is one book you think should be on everyones "must read" list?
9. What is your go-to meal for dinner?
10. What is one piece of advice you would give to fellow bloggers?