2.18.2011

Into the World of Blogging We Go!

After following several friends blogs, I felt compelled to create one for the Macke household.

To be totally honest, I most likely won't be updating this daily. If something out-of-the-ordinary or exciting happens, odds are it will be posted. :)

Let's bring this blog up to speed!

October 2, 2010 will forever be one of the most important days in Scott and my life. On that special day we were so blessed to be surrounded by so many friends and family as we said our "I Do's."
(Our wedding party)



For me, the Honeymoon was a total surprise. Scott did an amazing job booking and planning our trip to St. Thomas. Though Tropical Storm Otto graced us with its presense the majority of our trip, we had a great time. Due to the storm we weren't able to see/do much, so we've deicded to take a second honeymoon... When and where is yet to be determined.
(On the beach outside our resort - before Otto dropped by)

After the honeymoon we were hoping to settle into married life, nice and easy. No such luck. In November I was involved in a head-on collision. The crash resulted in the radius and ulna being broken in my right arm. Scott has been nothing short of amazing as I make my recovery.

(An X-ray view from the side; both radius and ulna looked like this)
(Post-surgery; bones are back in place)

Even though the arm isn't 100%, Scott and I were fortunate enough to get away from LA for a few days. A wedding gift to beautiful South Lake Tahoe was all in thanks to my awesome Aunt Sharon, Uncle Shorty, and cousins, Myles and Deb. Skiing was out of the question (for me), but we had a blast in Tahoe and hope to return next year!
(Lake cruise)

(Along one of the beaches)

(Our snowmobile tour)

... And we're up to speed in the Macke world!




No comments:

Post a Comment