5.15.2012

Upside Down Fettuccini Bake - A Freezer Meal

I just want to take a quite second to reflect on how thankful I am that I had enough forethought to make freezer meals before Chunky Monkey arrived. If it weren't for the freezer meals I'm pretty sure cereal would become a quick dinner staple around this house. 

"This tastes like something from Cheesecake Factory." Not sure I totally agree with that, but I'm not picky, I'll take that compliment! 

Upside Down Fettuccini Bake 

1 lb Italian turkey sausage
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 - 8 oz package fettuccini
1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp Oregano
2 Tbsp parsley
1 garlic clove, minced 
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3 eggs
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 aluminum pie tin

Prep: 
Brown the turkey sausage, add onion. Drain if necessary.
Meanwhile, cook fettuccini according to package directions.
Add tomatoes and their liquid to sausage/onion mix. Add oregano and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. 
Stir in mozzarella.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan over tomato mixture.
In a medium mixing bowl, combing eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, butter, parsley and garlic.
Toss cooked noodles in egg mixture.
Spread noodle mixture in bottom of pie tin.
Pour turkey/tomato mixture on top of noodle mixture.
Freeze (or eat immediately:).
To make from frozen state:
Thaw. 
Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25 minutes, or until bubbly.
This is on the rotation for future freezer meals (be on the lookout for another freezer meal post in the very near future)!!
Enjoy!!
Source: Slight adaptations from Dreaming of Poultry

2 comments:

  1. I love that you use turkey like I do sometimes...Im always looking for freezer meals to bring to new mommy friends so I am putting this one on the books! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking this super sausage post in to Food on Friday. I am now signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers

    ReplyDelete