5.24.2012

Chicken Tater Bake - A Freezer Meal

We've started dipping into our second round of freezer meals. It's become quite obvious I'm going to make a habit of making freezer meals. Life is just so much simpler.

The casserole mirrors your classic tater tot casserole with the exception of using chicken over ground beef (or, in my case, ground turkey).

Chicken Tater Bake
3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
Quick cooking tip: Rather than cooking the chicken and worrying about cutting it into cubes, I boiled the chicken until it was cooked through. While hot I used my veggie chopper to shred the chicken. Saved me a TON of time!!
2 cans (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 package frozen veggies (I used a blend of peas, corn, beans, and carrots)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 package frozen Tater Tots

In a large sauce pan combine soup, milk, and butter.
Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
Remove from heat; stir in chicken, veggies, and 1 cup of cheese.
Pour chicken mix into greased 9x13 pan.
Top with frozen Tater Tots.
Cover and freeze.

To bake:
Remove casserole from freezer 30 minutes prior to baking. DO NOT THAW.
LEAVE FOIL COVER ON.
Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until heated through.
Confession: I totally thawed the casserole and let it bake for 1 1/2 hours and it turned out great.
Another successful meal with PLENTY of leftovers!! 

Enjoy.



Source: Slight adaptations from Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment