5.30.2012

French Chicken Broccoli Supreme - A Freezer Meal

Not too sure what makes this dish "French," or "supreme," for that matter. What does matter is that it's a freezer meal, and it's good. :) In my world, this is just a fancy title to "chicken and broccoli casserole." Whatever the title, I'll be making (and freezing) this again.

You know it's a good dish when two people plow through a 9x13 pan, leaving three very skimpy leftover portions.

French Chicken Broccoli Supreme
3 cups cooked chicken breast
1 lb fresh broccoli
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
2 tubes Ritz crackers
1 stick butter, melted
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

In a greased 9x13 pan layer chicken and fresh cut broccoli florets.
Make cream of chicken soup according to label instructions.
Pour soup over chicken/broccoli.
Top with cheddar cheese.
Crush crackers (be sure the cracker pieces aren't crushed too finely) in a large zip lock bag.
Add melted butter and poppy seeds to crackers and mix.
Top chicken/broccoli/cheese with cracker mix.
Cover and freeze.

To bake:
Thaw.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Soooo, while I was prepping my shopping list for all the freezer meals I totally overlooked the poppy seeds in this recipe. I was thinking along the lines of sesame seeds, which my Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken (post coming soon) called for. I wasn't about to make another trip to the store just for poppy seeds, so I used what I had. Whoops :)
Notice the Sesame seeds in lieu of poppy seeds? :)
Source: French Chicken Broccoli Supreme, slight adaptations from Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment