A hundred years ago (I was still pregnant with Julia, so, really, like 10 weeks ago) this little list was flying around the interwebs and I loved the idea. Thankfully, several lovely ladies included me in on the fun, and I'm just now getting around to it. Shout out to Beth :: Our Pretty Little Girls, Crystal :: Hall Around Texas, and Jamie :: Cocktails and Carseats for giving me a little blogging inspiration and some content to post today.
The idea is to post 10 things you love and 10 things you hate. Pretty simple, right? Let's get right to it.
1. It should go without saying, I heart my family so much. They're a pretty awesome bunch of people, and I'm so dang lucky they're all mine.
3. Sleep. Next to running, sleep is probably the best thing in the world. And, I never get enough of it.
4. A good book. What's better than being sucked in by a book? Not too much.
5. Being on/near/around water. An ocean, a lake, a river, a pool, I don't care. There's something so peaceful and calming about water. Give me all the water all the time.
6. The Midwest. More specifically, Iowa (the whole gosh darn state- give me all the corn fields) and Kansas (even more specifically, Kansas City). Those places are home base for me, and we can never spend too much time in either place.
7. Traveling. I follow a few travel accounts on InstaGram and I want to go EVERYWHERE. If only I had unlimited funds, and time to go everywhere I'd like...
8. Disneyland! Dole Whips, Screamin California, Dumbo, World of Color, It's a Small World, Cars Land, MICKEY. Yes, it really is the happiest place on earth.
9. On-line shopping. Seriously, who has the time or patience to actually GO places to shop (aside from Target)?!
10. Sunrises and sunsets. What's not to love about Mother Nature using the sky as the most perfect canvas?
Hate is a pretty strong word, so this is really more a list of things that really irritate me, and/or make the list of pet peeves.
The Top Irritants and Pet Peeves (in no particular order, because they are all so annoying)
1. Terrible drivers. I've basically declared I'm the best driver ever. If you don't use a turn signal, don't go the speed limit (which is automatically 5 over the posted speed limit - duh), drive slow in the left lane, or don't know to turn right on red (unless signage states otherwise), I will be cursing you out and likely honking my horn. May it be noted, living in L.A. has not helped with my patience on this issue...
2. People who dominate conversations. I love to listen, but I'd also like to partake in the discussion you're having with... yourself.
3. The smacking of food and gum. OH. MY. GOSH. CLOSE THE MOUTH!
4. Flossing in public. No. Just. No. Go to a bathroom. I do not want to see any person digging remnants of dinner from between their teeth. So gross.
5. Caillou. Who's with me on starting a petition to get that whiny kid off PBS? Also, Sheriff Callie kind of annoys me, too.
8. The sound of someone chewing/eating, especially if I'm not eating, too. It basically makes my ears bleed.
9. Play doh. At first I didn't mind the stuff being played with. But now? Now when the suggestion is made to play with it I cringe. Little pieces end up everywhere, only to be found days (weeks? months?) later. Not to mention, those toys that you squeeze the doh through? Never. ending. clean up. And the colors being squished together? Oh my gosh, make it stop.
10. Cleaning up after my dog - he's roughly the size of a horse. I'll just leave it at that....
There you have it. Ten things I love, and 10 things that basically drive me bonkers.