Now, the reset button has been hit, and I'm ready to jump back into it all.
On the flip side, I have to mention that I've genuinely missed connecting with so many of my blogging friends on a daily basis.
Before we get into Fridays Five, I want to wish my amazing mom a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We hope you have the most fabulous day filled with lots of laughter, love, and cake.
On to the high-fives.
1. I'll spare all the details of Christmas, but it was awesome. Marcus had the grandest of times with both sets of grandparents and cousins. And, seeing Marcus begin to 'get it' made the holidays that much more magical for this momma.
2. Many of you have probably seen this floating around the social media networks.
This afternoon we have our first appointment and I'm simply giddy with excitement. I cannot wait to see our little peanut.
This will also provide me with some content to work with for the next, oh, say, forever. I'll have a more detailed post coming up next week on all the details.
3. In direct relation to the growing addition of our family I've decided to loosen up on my blogging schedule. For the last two years I've posted every Monday-Friday. I'm not so sure I can keep that up anymore. Before the little blogging break this space was beginning to feel more like work than anything. The pressure to get a decent post written and scheduled had just become too great. I don't want that. This blog is not my job, it's my hobby. And, to be honest, I would be ok if I never heard Scott say, "You're married to that computer," ever again…
4. Here's one from way out in left field:
My latest favorite app and time suck… Trivia Crack.
5. Returning back to California after a week in the frozen tundra wouldn't be complete without an absolutely breath taking costal sunset.
Now, I'd be totally lying if I said I was going to go back to December 26 and catch up with all the blog posts I missed. So tell me, what did I miss??
Have a great weekend!