6.04.2013

Winner, Winner, Liebster Award Winner

I'm so bad about accepting Liebster Awards. Like, really, really bad. I think I've been nominated a handful of times, and I never fulfill my duties. To those who have nominated me in the past, I apologize for being such an ungraceful recipient. Please know I'm thankful for your awards, it means a lot!
The most recent award was kindly given by the lovely Trista at Stewart Street. Be sure to swing by and say hi to her!

Part one of the Liebster Award... 
List 11 facts about myself.

1. Feet creep me out in the worst way. It's so bad I can't handle it when Scott puts his feet on me. I flip out.
2. Scott thinks I make the best chocolate chip baked goods.  
3. I can't really deal with the baking terminology that begins with a "c." In my vocabulary, it's chocolate chip or sugar baked goods. End of discussion.
4. I also have a problem with the "p" word when referring to solid bodily excrements. I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement word. What am I going to call it when we begin potty training? You can't ask a toddler if he needs to take a crap. Help! What am I going to call it??
5. I'm from Iowa. Also known as God's country. :)
6. I'm currently training for my 2nd and 3rd half marathons of 2013. One in August in San Diego and the other in Long Beach in October. 
7. Iowa State University Alum, right here. Go Cyclones! 
8. I don't eat red meat or pork. There's a long story behind this. 
9. I couldn't think of a more fulfilling job than my current position as full-time mom.
10. There are two titanium plates and 12 screws in my right arm. I'm pretty much the bionic woman. 
11. My best friend, Amy, and I have been BFFs our entire lives. Literally. We've know each other since infancy. True friendships are hard to come by, let alone stand the test of time and distance. I consider myself to be truly blessed to have such a beautiful friendship.
Part two...
Answer the questions Trista asked.
Here goes nothing.

1. What are you most afraid of? (By this I mean heights, spiders, snakes, etc...not your kids or family kicking the bucket.) 
I am TERRIFIED of spiders. Seriously. I cannot handle them. I don't care how "small" they seem. To me they are all ginormous and will probably kill me with one poisonous bite. 
2. What food do you absolutely hate?
Lima beans. Hands down. When I was younger a baby-sitter would make them, and we had to eat them. I remember many a lunchtimes spent gaging on those nasty beans. Gross.
3. What is your favorite food?
I could live off mashed potatoes. And, ice cream. :)
4. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Rolling Stones, Aftermath.
5. What was your first concert?
Sawyer Brown - hahaha! I was 10. He was in town for our "townie festival." It seemed so cool at the time.
6. What's the name of the first boy or girl to break your heart?
Oh my gosh, really? If we're going waaay  back his name was Greg. Amy, you can back me up on this one. We were in 3rd grade. Greg decided he liked a girl named Lacey, and not me. I was crushed.
7. If you saw them today, would you be nice to them?
Of course I would. We were 8 years old. I moved away shortly after that and never saw Greg again. 
8. Have you ever cheated on someone?
Not my proudest moment... But sadly, yes.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Football. All.day.long.
10. Favorite team?
Football? Chiefs, even though they're never any good. Baseball? Royals. They seem to be doing better than ok - so far - this season. Basketball? Clippers. 
11. What's your best physical feature?
I really like my lips. They're full, but not too full. And, for some strange reason they don't ever get chapped. My whole face could be burned to a crisp and my lips are always fine. 

Part three... 
my nominees for the Liebster Award:

Kristen - 31 Million Seconds
Becky - A Lazy Crazy Life
Candis - Candis Bo Bandis
Abby - Is This How Parenting Works?

There are some pretty awesome ladies right there. Go check them out!

Part four...
My 11 questions to the nominees:
1. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would you wish for? (Aladdin rules apply here, no asking for more wishes, no falling in love, you've seen the movie.)
2. If you could time travel, what time (past or future) would you travel to?
3. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
4. Your favorite way to relax and unwind?
5. How old were you when you discovered Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy weren't real? Who spilled the beans, or how did you find out?
6. Are there any school years you wish you could black out? (Hello middle school. Worst.years.ever.)
7. Best thing about social media?
8. Worst thing about social media?
9. What's your guilty pleasure? (I'm a sucker for Honey Boo Boo.)
10. Coffee or tea? Wal Mart or Target? Chocolate or vanilla?
11. What's the one thing you want your blog followers to know about you that they may not already know?

12 comments:

  1. I love these!! If it makes you feel any better I hate the "p" word too....my mother use to call it "bm" and I HATE that even more. I use to say to the kids time to doodle....which presents problems when in Kindergarten the teachers tell them it's time to doodle "color"....hmmmmm maybe not a good word pick?!

    Laura@MiceInTheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. number 4 made me laugh! and I hate feet touching too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love these Q&A things, you find out some neat stuff about others! So are you a farmer or an engineer (the only 2 degrees people get at ISU, am I wrong! :) Ha ha!!)? Bionic woman is right! Wowzer! Why'd you have to do that? Yay for Iowa! I agree, it's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that makes me sad about your babysitter! Maybe bc I watch kids too, idk? But anyway, I am making a grocery list of those cookies. I need them for an after dinner treat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the nomination! I used to be the same way about feet, but at some point (maybe after kids? IDK) I magically got over it. I don't love it when my hubby's feet touch me in bed, but it doesn't skeeve me out like it used to. :)

    And I agree--lima beans are nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you!!
    I am sitting here trying to think up of a suggestion for your #4 and I've got a serious case of the giggles. Why does every name for it sound funny!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the nomination! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your answers! You need to get over the poop word very fast though---something about little kids and the word poop---they ALWAYS think that the word itself is the most hilarious "joke" on earth. My girls and my niece and nephew are constantly putting the word in random sentences and laughing haha. They ask if you want to eat poop, they call eachother poopy heads, anything brown they see looks like poop, they talk about their poop in the bathroom, etc. etc. You have a lot to look forward too!!!! :-)

    I also love mashed potatoes and icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was fun to read! As far as the "p" word... Maybe use the phrase "number 2"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm an Iowa girl too :) and those chocolate chip cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I say poop at least 85 times a day. I guess it just comes with the territory!

    Loved your pictures on IG, and can't wait to hear the story about the lady with the mask.

    ReplyDelete