1.18.2013

Easy Artichoke Chicken

A few days ago Sarah posted this, and her timing couldn't have been more spot on. I was scrambling (per the usual) to find something I could throw together after a particularly trying day with a sick baby.
*Update -- adios to the nebulizer; we are officially RSV-free!

I'm always curious to see what other mom's are whipping up in their kitchens. And, this was a welcomed recipe to add to our regular rotation. Thank you Sarah!

This is very similar to a baked Parmesan chicken that appears frequently in our house. After seeing Sarah's twist to the recipe I was kicking myself. How did I not think to add artichokes?!

Scott and I both heartily agreed this is a good one. Aside from being tasty I love how easy it is to throw together. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Easy Artichoke Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (tip: grate your own Parmesan, it tastes 100 times better than the stuff in the canister!!)
3/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (you could also use 3/4 cup mayo in place of yogurt)
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic salt, and pepper together.
Place chicken breast in a greased cooking dish.
Smoother chicken breast with artichoke mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Add some veggies (I was craving edamame) and homemade 7-up biscuits and you have yourself one delicious little meal.

Enjoy!

Source: Adapted from Sarah at Our Journey

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed them! It's a definite staple over here with how easy they are! And YEAH for being RSV-free!! :)

    ReplyDelete