1.01.2013

A Christmas Recap

Happy 2013! This year my resolution was to forget about resolutions. I have enough on my plate, why add another thing (that will inevitably end up forgotten or given up)?

I'm back from a bit of a blogging hiatus. It was great to focus on family and friends during the holidays, but it is good to get my fingers back on the keyboard.

As the week goes on I will go into a bit more detail of all our holiday travels. For now, here is a snippet of how magical our first Christmas as a family of three turned out.

Christmas came a little early to our house. To avoid bringing every.single.gift back to Iowa/Kansas we had Marcus open the few gifts we'd gotten him at home.
*Note: this post is very picture-heavy.
Marcus is just beginning to enjoy pushing things around.
Just as I suspected, the novelty of the toy quickly wore off. However, the box the toy came in was far more intriguing.
In Iowa, Grandpa and Grandma D hosted quite the Christmas for us. Marcus certainly wanted for nothing. If the monkey would have had a Christmas list Grandma and Grandpa D would have put quite the dent in it.
Uncle Tyler, and his sweet girlfriend Amber, gave Marcus his first very "boy" toy.
If you know Tyler you know this gift is all too perfect coming from him.
I LOVE how Marcus really got into opening the gift (see upper left photo). Wrapping paper was really a hit with the big guy.
The 4x4 truck was a lot of fun...
...3
...2

...1
Mega melt down.
Good thing the crash didn't leave a lasting impression.
Marcus must have been on Santa's good list.
That stack of gifts is taller than the little man! I can just hear him thinking, "All this paper!!!!"

Of the 537 (!!) photos taken this holiday season, this one may be my favorite.
All snuggled up in our pjs, a family of three, on Christmas morning.

More Christmas fun to come!

2 comments:

  1. That camo truck is too cute! My husband would love that haha. Hopefully you survived the Iowa cold! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! Love all the pictures! =)

    ReplyDelete