1.13.2012

Chocolate Cake in 60 Seconds

We're almost two weeks into the New Year and if you're sticking to your resolutions congratulations. If not, hey, I'm not here to judge. I'm seven months preggo and shoveling almost anything into my pie hole at this point.

I have a fellow blogger, and friend, to thank for this (I instantly knew this recipe would be trouble:). If you haven't checked out Erin's blog, Lemon Sugar, you really need to. Talk about a woman who clearly knows what's up in the world of baking! Her blog posts are amazing, and her photography is out of this world. Every time I check out her posts I end up drooling - and craving whatever it is she's whipped up. Compared to this culinary queen it's quite obvious my baking (and photography) skills are elementary!

With that being said, welcome to this sinfully delectable solo-sized dish...

One Minute Chocolate Cake
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons milk (I used skim - this is as skinny as it gets)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine all dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder) in a small bowl and whisk to completely combine.
Add the wet ingredients (oil, milk, vanilla), and whisk until mixture comes together completely.
Pour mixture into a microwave safe dish (I used a 7 ounce ramekin - perfecto!) and microwave at full power for 30-45 seconds, or until the middle of the cake is just slightly firm - I needed a full minute in the microwave.
*If you don't have a dish small enough a coffee mug would work well.
Allow to cool for a couple of seconds, then add any topping that you see fit. I poked a few small holes in my cake, drizzled a touch of hot fudge over the top, and then added two small scoops of mint ice cream (had to get the mint in there!).
It's almost criminal to not try this.
To be totally honest, from start to finish, the whole process took me probably three minutes. But, really, to have this little personal cake in less than five minutes?! Baby M is going to be pret-ty happy for the next two months :)

Source: Lemon Sugar - Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! Love the mint ice cream on top :)

    ReplyDelete