10.05.2011

Cake "Baked Goods"

As you know by now I just can't bring myself to say the alternative to "baked goods." So, bear with me.

I'm not sure if it's Baby Macke, or me just really wanting some tasty baked goods...

Here is the world's easiest baked good recipe.

1 box white cake mix
2 3/4 cups flour
1 lb butter, melted (yep, an entire pound  of butter!)
Here's all you're going to need!

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all three ingredients together.
Scoop about a Tbsp worth of dough and place on baking sheet; I used the mini ice cream scooper and after scooping the ball I rolled the dough and flattened a bit; these baked goods don't tend to rise, or expand much, so a little help pre-baking isn't a bad idea.
Bake 5-6 minutes.
These guys don't seem to brown around the edges much, so even if you think they're not done, they probably are. Let them sit on the baking sheet a few minutes if they're not quite ready to be placed on your cooling rack.
Let cool completely and frost with your favorite frosting. (I've never tried to make my own frosting, so I cheated and used the vanilla frosting from the store :)
Keep in mind, the baked goods will look about the same coming out as they did when they went in to the oven. 

I would suggest keeping these guys on the smaller side. If they get too big they don't bake as well. And, especially with frosting these are pretty rich. After just one treat I downed a HUGE glass of milk - and it was glorious.
Did I add blue sprinkles to my baked goods? You bet your spatula I did! 

This may be one of the few baked goods that tastes better after completely cooled. And, these guys freeze well (up to two weeks in an air tight container) if you'd like to serve them at a later time.

Enjoy!


Source: Pampered Chef representative, Deb Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment