10.28.2011

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken

It's cooling off a bit, so I figured I'd give the crock pot a little break and turn the oven back on.

As you probably know by now, I'm about ease and efficiency when it comes to cooking/baking. I'm constantly on the hunt, looking for different ways to dress up my chicken. Thanks to Pinterest I found this little gem that only requires four ingredients, including the chicken! The best part, these ingredients are generally pantry staples, so odds are, you won't have to make an emergency trip to the grocery store for this one. Score!

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken


3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 package of dry Italian dressing mix (if this isn't a staple in your pantry, may I suggest it become one:)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
2 egg whites, whipped until frothy (I know I said four ingredients, but rather than using water to hold the seasonings on the chicken breast I used egg - it's totally up to you what route you want to go)


Preheat the oven to 400.
In a mixing bowl combine cheese, dressing mix, and garlic powder.
Moisten chicken breast with water (or dip the breasts in egg); coat with cheese mixture and place in shallow baking dish.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.

Being the potato hound I am, I served with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Super simple, full of flavor, and super tasty! As an extra bonus, the leftovers to this dish are great. The chicken has some time to absorb the flavor, and holy smokes is it gooooood.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment