Last summer we visited Kidspace Children's Museum and Marcus seemed to really enjoy it then. I had a feeling this trip would be even better than the last.
My hunch was right on.
We started outside in the Physics Forest:
- We played tug of war, tried to throw a magnet and get it stuck on a pole, and raced wheels.
- We launched water bottle rockets.
- Hoisted ourselves up via pulleys.
- The obsession with the air gun was real.
There were about 283 other things we got our hands on in the physics forest, and I had to pry Marcus out of the forest and show him all the cool things inside:
- We painted on a leaf that magically had water fall to wash it off every so often, we played with beads that moved when our hands were placed under them, and we saw a bee hive at work.
- There was a Land Cruiser that needed to be climbed in and "driven."
And there were another 729 things inside that we got to try out.
But, alas, we headed back outside for more fun:
- We raced on a tricycle track.
- Climbed a stream, checked out a waterfall, and filled and emptied a bucket several hundred times.
One more trip was made inside, and it was pretty obvious that I had one little boy who was starting to tire out. We actually sat down:
- Bugs were pieced together and puzzles were completed.
On our way out fountains were discovered and a re-surge of energy was found:
- Back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth we went. Until we were totally soaked.
Each of our adventures brings us something new and fun, and Kidspace gave us all of that and more. I love watching Marcus explore and learn and try new things.
The world is so much cooler when viewed through his eyes.