3.23.2015

::Three::

Dear Marcus,

As I write this I can't help but allow the tears to stream down my face. It doesn't seem possible that three whole years have passed since you blessed our lives in ways I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully explain. I blinked and suddenly here you are, no longer a baby, but this amazing little boy who holds my heart so tightly that sometimes it hurts.
You are such a strong-willed little boy. Your fierce determination to do things your way, on your time can be difficult at times. However, I know it is this trait that will lead you to do great and amazing things one day.
Your sweet, snuggly side is second to none. When you crawl into my lap and still fit into me just so melts my heart, even during our most difficult days. And when you ask, "Can I snuggle wiff you?" I simply cannot say no. Or when you say your nightly prayers and follow them with "Night, Mommy. I wuv you," my heart melts into a puddle within my chest.
Three years ago I wasn't sure what the dirt, sand, trucks, trains, and mess would bring our lives. But, life would be simply be incomplete without it.

Our lives are fuller and more perfect because of you.
Happy Third Birthday, Little Man!
I love you to the moon and back. Twice.
~Mommy

19 comments:

  1. very sweet!!! happy birthday Marcus! I love all the photos but the one of him looking off towards the hill? He looks so serious and more like 5 than 3! It's just a really great moment you captured that makes you wonder what he's thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo Soo sweet! Happy Birthday Mr Marcus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday marcus and happy anniversary of becoming a mom to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 3rd Birthday Marcus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO sweet! Happy 3rd Birthday, handsome Marcus!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh baby Cheeks! I wish you the happiest of 3rd birthdays. While you and I haven't spent time together, I love your Momma and if you are anything like her (and I think you are with that strong will of yours), I know that I would love every minute spent with you. It's been an honor to watch you grow!
    Love, Aunt Stephanie and Cousin Frank :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, such sweetness! Happy birthday to Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Marcus! I love the bow tie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so cute, and looking so much older than 3! Happy Birthday Marcus!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tears! So incredibly sweet. Happy third birthday little man. Hope it's the best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw! Happy Birthday, Marcus! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so sweet! He is such a handsome little man! And you have found the perfect backdrop for your pictures! I hope he has the best birthday! And had candles with every meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy happy happy 3rd birthday, Marcus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so sweet! I hope he had a wonderful birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm crying, too! I am so excited (yet not wanting it to happen just yet) for Rhys to continue growing up! I love being a mother! Marcus looks so mature!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ugh so sweet, gave me the sniffles too. The I love yous are the best thing ever. And, Aria says sowwy mommy when she gets in trouble and snuggles up, and really how can you be annoyed after that? Happy Three!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful post! Happy Birthday Marcus!

    Beautiful pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a sweet birthday letter!! happy birthday Marcus!! he's just adorable! watch out ladies!

    ReplyDelete