Finally I bit the bullet. After doing a ton of researching (seriously, I spent almost an entire afternoon scouring Yelp, review sites, and calling offices) for a pediatric dentist I found one that I felt comfortable with before I'd even stepped foot into the office.
As we drove to the appointment my stomach was in knots and I was tossing prayers up, pleading for an episode free experience.
The second we arrived I was immediately put at ease. The entire staff was warm, welcoming, and absoultely amazing with Marcus. Kind. Patient. Understanding. Exactly what every little one (and parent) needs when they experience something new and potentially scary.
|High fives from Dr. Nick after a successful check up.|
1) We talked A LOT about our teeth and the dentist for about a week leading up to the exam.
2) We talked A LOT about brushing our teeth.
3) We tried the best we could to explain what a dentist did and why we need to see them.
4) Doc McStuffins was watched, and I tried to kind of compare her to seeing a dentist.
5) During the visit I was excited about ev.er.y.thing that Marcus experienced. Everything.
Have you taken your little to see the dentist? If so, how was your experience?