10.22.2014

An Undies Update

I would hate to jinx our good fortune of an easy transition from diapers to big boy undies, but I can't help but want to document the progress. 

Almost exactly a month ago we took the plunge into potty training, and after three relatively easy, but accident prone days, we haven't looked back. 
In the last four weeks we've gone from a few minor accidents to no accidents at all.
Marcus has been incredibly consistent in letting us know when he needs to use the restroom. Often, he's not at all discreet with his announcement, which can make for some pretty entertaining glances from people when we're out and about. But, I'll take those comedic looks from strangers over wet pants and diapers any day of the week.
I have to add that Marcus continues to require assistance pulling his pants and underroos up and down, and he still wears a diaper during naps and bedtimes. However, more often than not Marcus will wake from his sleep and shout from his crib, "Mommmmmmmmy! I have to go potttttttty!" I can count on one hand how many times Marcus has woken from sleep with a wet diaper.
So, now that I feel we can successfully say we have a 98.2% potty trained toddler, can someone please tell me when toddlers start pulling their covers up, and covering themselves when they go to sleep? Because if I have to hear one more time, "Mommmmmy! Come cover me up!" I may have to burn every blanket we own….

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Good job Marcus!!! Some kids are just easier than others, seems like he was ready and caught on fast. It gets even more bizarre when they figure out how to go totally alone. For so many years you were kind of a huge part of that, then all of a sudden you don't even have a clue. It is weird and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. it took Gabbie forever to cover herself in bed! But it also took her awhile to potty train. Go Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's so awesome! Congrats momma! and hahaha about the blanket! We've got that skill down but not at all on the potty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connor doesn't ask to be covered up but from the sounds of it, I don't want him to learn that concept, no?

    And way to go Cheeks! I love that you are being so big and can go potty so well. I'm so proud of you!
    Your favorite Texans - Stephanie and Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that he yells for you to come cover him up! :)

    WTG Buddy on potty training!! Sounds like he was ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Marcus!

    I think around 3 is when Hannah figured it out for herself. Meeghan struggles with blankets and I hear her yell for me to cover her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Way to go, Marcus! I'm so jealous! We're not even close with Mac. I hate diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!!!! Way to go Marcus and mommy! Hey, I would gladly take funny looks front strangers (which are probably actually them thinking what a great job you did teaching him to tell you when he needs to go and how cute it is that he is saying it) over wet pants any day! As much as I would LOVE to not have to buy diapers anymore, we are not even close with this with Mason... which I am so not looking forward to doing! I may need to enlist some help in a pro (aka you!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Marcus and mama! I dream of the day Clay is potty trained :( Unfortunately he pretty much refuses to go even though I hear this every time he's on the potty, "Clay go potty. Treat? It's comin!" He's.killing.me.

    ReplyDelete