12.19.2011

Scalloped Corn

This scalloped corn may possibly be the best holiday side dish of all time. At least in my opinion. I mean, this stuff even rivals my coveted mashed potatoes. Check out my plate during the holidays, it's sure to be loaded with scalloped corn and mashed potatoes. Skip the rest of the stuff. I could live on these two alone.

This weekend was our food kitchen's annual Christmas dinner, and I couldn't think of a better place to share this fab-o-la dish. My only regret... I didn't make a pan of it for myself!

I think I love this dish because it's easy to prepare (with kitchen clean up it took me less than 15 minutes to prep), easy to remember (just need one of everything), and did I mention delicious?

Scalloped Corn

--1 can whole kernel corn (with juice)
--1 can cream style corn
--1 small box corn bread mix (this ingredient always sends me on a treasure hunt in the grocery store; start by looking by the pancake mixes and/or cake mixes, you'll probably find it in one of those two places)
--1 cup sour cream (use reduced or fat free for less calories/fat)
--1 stick (1/2 cup) melted margarine/butter (I always use Smart Balance Light)
--1 egg

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients together. 
Pour into a 9x9 pan (I usually use a 9x13, and that seems to work just fine; if your pan requires a little non-stick spray, go for it).
Bake for 45 minutes.

This yields, I'm guessing, about 8-10 servings.

Easy? Yep. Delicious? Hands down!

Source: I think I obtained this from my Aunt Barb a few Thanksgivings ago.

4 comments:

  1. YUM! I'm trying this next weekend, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love it as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been making this recipe for about 18 years. Love it! Thanks for sharing at FFF this week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made this recipe and it is delicious! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete