There were grand plansto have Marcus help me with our Valentine's. But, in reality he helped slap on a bit of glue, added a few stickers, and he was pretty much good with the whole thing. Crafting just isn't his thing - and that's ok.
My inspiration for our Valentines came from wanting to incorporate mini flash lights and on-the-go s'mores. With those two things in mind, "You LIGHT Up Our Live S'MORE Than You'll Ever Know" was born. Putting together the actual Valentine was quite easy.
Here's what we needed to create and assemble each Valentine:
- Red card stock, or pre-made hearts
- A print of the saying
- Heart shaped paper punch
- Mini flashlight
- Festive washi tape
- Wilton brand cookie bags
- 2 Tbsp Valentine M&Ms/Valentine
- 2 Tbsp Teddy Grahams/Valentine
- 2 Tbsp marshmallows/Valentine
- Cut out print of Lights/S'mores saying and glue to red card stock heart.
- Punch a hole near the top of the red heart, and add a small piece of washi tap to the heart (place washi tape where ever you think it looks best - I chose the upper left corner of the heart).
- Fill cookie bag with M&Ms, Teddy Grahams and Marshmallows (heaviest on bottom, lightest on top).
- Tie bag closed with twine, then slip the flashlight on to the twine.
- Loop twine through the hole punched in the red heart and loosely tie in a knot. The s'more, flashlight and heart should all be intertwined.
I was incredibly pleased with how our little Valentine's turned out, and I hope our recipients were, too!
Perhaps the most fun part of this exchange was going to the mailbox every day with Marcus to see if any goodies had arrived for him. He was tickled when a few parcels of mail were in our box each day. We have little patience, so we opened the Valentines as they arrived.
Currently, all the Valentines are on display, hanging from our hutch in our kitchen. I simply strung some yarn across the top of the hutch and attached each Valentine with fun little clothes pins.
To see more details of all the fabulous Valentine's we received be sure to check out the ladies who particpated in this year's Valentine swap:
Tawnya, Scarlett, & Bodhi @ All of Life's Little Adventures
Jen & Hattie @ And Hattie Makes Three
Ashley, Waverly, & Avalon @ Being Brickner
Jess & Abbie @ Being Mrs. Beer
Elizabeth & Mason @ Chasin' Mason
Liz & Jude @ Ellie and Addie
Crystal & Mason @ Hall Around Texas
Desiree, Marcus, & Julia @ Macke Monologues
Natalie & Blair @ Nat Your Average Girl
Sara, Mac, & Mim @ Running From the Law
Jess, Cameron, & Louise @ Scott Family of Maine
Jessica, Cameron, & Emerson @ Secrets of a Stay at Home Mom
Sarah, Brantley, & Holden @ Seeing All Sides
Karli, Kaye, & Sawyer @ September Farm
Chrissy & Elin @ Simple Joys Blog
Courtney & Aria | Sweet Turtle Soup
Meghan & Noah @ The Adventure Starts Here
Stephanie & Connor | Wife Mommy Me
Whitney, Kinsey, & Brielana @ Work It Mommy
What's on the agenda for your Valentines this year?