3.13.2014

At This Moment…

There is SO much going on in our world right now. Honestly some days I have no idea up from down and right from left. I'd like to pause and come up for a quick breath of air. But, there's a house that we're THISCLOSE to closing, said house is getting a full kitchen reno, we're trying to figure out when we're going to box and move all our stuff, then we have to actually move that stuff, unload that stuff, and reorganize that stuff.

Oh, and did I mention there's a certain someone who will be turning TWO amidst this whole mess? GAH!
Anywho… Here's my life at this very moment.

Making :: goodie bags for Marcus' birthday party (I cannot wait to share all the details of this party).

Liking :: the two-a-day workouts that have been consistently happening for the past two weeks. 

Drinking :: coffee. There are at least five more cups in my immediate future

Reading :: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
Watching :: The Blacklist (no, Marcus is no where around).

Planning :: a kitchen reno. 

Wanting :: Scott to agree with color of counter I'm leaning towards (I want cocoa, he wants pebble, whomp whomp).

Living :: for my next run. Running is feeling SO GOOD right now, and I look forward to my pavement pounding each day.

Playing :: The Kenny Chesney station on Pandora - love me some Kenny. 

Wasting :: a hefty amount of time looking up birthday party ideas. I'm pretty sure I need an intervention.

Wishing :: we could just fast forward to next Saturday. I'm seriously hoping the kitchen is done and we're all moved in and settled into the new place. 

Enjoying :: Marcus. This age is so much fun (I know, I've said that about a 100 times). Sure, there are some days that could be chalked up as epic disasters. But, for the most part this phase is a blast.  

Revealing :: that I haven't let myself get excited about this house/move/kitchen because until it's all complete I just can't get my hopes up… 

Desiring :: a pedicure. It's been ages, and the increase in running hasn't been kind to my feet. 

Craving :: sushi. I can't remember the last time I've had a good spicy tuna roll. 

Waiting :: for the weekend. Who isn't?

Seeking :: out fun (read: kid-friendly things that won't break the bank) things to do for visitors we have coming in April and May!

Wondering :: what to get Marcus for his birthday. We have nothing, I repeat, nothing as of right now for the little guy to open up on his big day. Who wants to go shopping for a 2-year old boy for me?

Loving :: the fact that both sets of grandparents will be here in a week!

Marvelling :: at how fast the last two years has gone by. My little boy will be two. TWO! 

Needing :: to give our current home a legit cleaning. 

Rooting :: for Iowa State! They play Kansas State this morning in the Big 12 Tourney. It's always fun when there is an in-home rivalry.  
Missing :: a job that produces a paycheck. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I just wish there was a paycheck to accompany it.

Considering :: what to do with Marcus' new room. Do we keep the nursery feel, or start the transition to 'big boy room'?

Going :: counter and backsplash shopping today. 

Despising :: the cat litter and 'doggy duty.' I really wish we could just potty train the animals in the same fashion we do kids. 

Rocking :: a tee and shorts. 71 and sunny, can't beat it. 

Smelling :: like Victoria Secret's Noir. One of my all time favorites. 

Wearing :: something other than workout clothes!

Treasuring :: this crazy toddler stage. Judging by how fast the last two years has gone I'm going to blink and we'll have a teen.  

Noticing :: St. Patrick's Day is Monday. When did that sneak up on us?
Worrying ::  about the dreaded well-child check up next Monday. There will be vaccinations, and no one likes those. No one. 

Thinking :: I need to start looking into preschools. Holy cow. Preschool. 

Feeling :: like I could use another hour of sleep, or more coffee. 

Bookmarking :: all sorts of decorating ideas for the new house. But, all this stuff looks nice, and fragile. With a toddler fragile isn't smart.

Opening :: yet another tab on my computer. 

Giggling :: at the fact that Marcus finds his burps and farts funny. And, that he now yells "TOOT!" when he passes gas. What a stinker (literally). 

Knowing :: that at the end of the day I am one very blessed momma. 

15 comments:

  1. I am giggling at Marcus saying "Toot". Olivia started to say "I Fart" when she farts and I couldn't believe when she said that. Really enjoy the birthday party. A couple weeks after Olivia's 2nd birthday, I just looked at her and was like you are a little girl now and all her baby fat is disappearing. Sad mama here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're giving ME a headache with all you've got going on! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well with the kitchen reno and move. I can't wait to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is the third post like this i've seen - i'm totaly stealing it! I can't believe your re-doing the kitchen before the close/move! Although way better than living their during the remodel. I hope you've got lots of before and after pictures to share! If I lived closer I would totally go shopping for Marcus that sounds like fun -- a nice break from all think pink :) I don't know how you get all you do done but you're doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two work outs a day, you are way too awesome. I cannot believe March is almost half way over, it was just Christmas. Yay for birthday posts, some of my faves to read. I laugh every time I see your naked pics with little stickers covering up the vitals. Is it the naked potty training? Or, M just prefer the au natural look?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post!! Might steal it in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I can't believe our babies are almost two. I haven't even started planning his party yet. What kind of theme are you guys doing? And preschool!! Don't even get me started. I am going to be a crying mess when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would like a paycheck too dammit. SAHM's deserve one of those! isaiah should pay me what he would pay daycare. ha ha ha.
    birthday planning! I'm doing it too! isaiah is not a fan of spending $$$ on a 1st birthday. another reason id like a paycheck ;)
    love you HOT workin out mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Preschool?! Ah! You are killing it with two a day workouts!!! Go girl! And Marcus saying toot is so funny. Hayden says "poo-poo" haha!

    Tell me about the paycheck thing...we need to talk more about Advocare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy wow, mama--that's a lot going on!!! Love that he says "toot" which is a lot classier than Lorelai's "I farted" :) She does sometimes say toot though, which I much prefer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely time for a big boy room! Might as well since you're moving, right? Good luck w/ everything, it'll all fall into place! Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You gave me WAY too much to comment on... now my brain is a big jumble and all I can remember is "yay coffee! Love VS Noir. Woohoo for moving. Yay for moving soon and running lots and birthday parties!" Haha, clearly it's late here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Opening yet another tab on my computer: so my life! Ugh it's so annoying but I'm so ADD and a total procrastinator so I keep them open all the time.. I really lived reading this post. I can relate on so many of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a wonderful lady. I'm beyond blessed to have meet you through blogging and I can't wait to watch your family grow in your new home, witness Cheeks grow and become a boy and watch you and Scott grow old and wise.

    ReplyDelete