3.19.2014

11 Q&As

If I have to pack and haul one more box I might scream. I feel like we've been doing this for ages (in reality it's been about a week).
A blogging break is welcomed and needed. Due to the move there hasn't been much else going on in our lives. Whomp whomp whomp.

Thankfully, one of my best blogging friends, Stephanie over at Wife Mommy Me, was so sweet and nominated me for a Liebster Award. Stephanie is a fellow domestic engineer, and mommy to Connor, the cutest little boy with the biggest grin. She is also one of my go-to gals when I'm in need of a good read recommendation, could use a few extra words of encouragement, or falling short on party planning ideas (she is a party planning guru, for real). Be sure to stop by and say hi to her!

On to the questions…

1. What is the meaning behind your blog title?
I knew this blog would be a way to document our lives as the Macke family. I also knew I would likely be the only one authoring each post. Just like that Macke Monologues was born. 
2. As Moms, I'm sure you get a good dose of cartoons/kid shows daily. What is one cartoon/kid show your child likes that you can't stand?
Marcus doesn't watch much television, kid doesn't sit still long enough. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a HUGE hit, however. And, that I can tolerate. However, there have been times Calliou comes on, or an old episode of Thomas the Train, and you can bet your bottom dollar I'm quick to change the channel.

3. Something you haven't done in the last year:
Playing volleyball or softball. Before we moved to LA we played those sports almost year 'round. I miss playing, a lot.
4. Currently loving:
Chocolate covered pretzels. I'm not a pretzel fan, or a chocolate fan, but I bought these for the upcoming birthday party. I snagged a few as a snack yesterday and now I cannot stop. SO GOOD.

5. Currently hating:
Not having a dishwasher. We've been hand washing for the last three months. I think a functioning dishwasher is what I'm most looking forward to in our new place. 

6. Favorite place to shop for yourself:
Online. Who has time to physically go to a store when there's a 2-year old running amuck?!

7. Last piece of mail you got that wasn't a bill or junk mail:
An area rug and a Mickey Mouse back pack arrived via mail yesterday. Marcus also received some mail yesterday. He hit the Mickey Mouse jackpot in a birthday package!
Marcus scored some seriously sweet Mickey gear from our friends Sally and Mace!!
Please excuse the horribly iPhone, blurry photo. 
8. Share a favorite blog that you enjoy reading daily:
Just one? Gah, that's really tough! There are so many amazing bloggers that I enjoy keeping up with daily. But, if I'm sharing JUST ONE, you have to check out Amie @ Lassen and Company. I'm pretty sure she and I are long lost sisters. We share so much in common. I cannot wait until June when we will run Hospital Hill 1/2 together. And then likely consume our weight in wine. I'm pretty freaking pumped.

9. Last place you went on vacation sans child:
Last May Scott and I snuck off to the Bahamas to celebrate a wedding. We were without Marcus for about a week. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, but I was missing my little guy by day three. 
10. What is your favorite holiday? 
Christmas, hands down. Celebrating the birth of Christ, continuing family traditions, and sharing all of it with Marcus - the best!

11. Share one piece of parenting wisdom with your readers: 
Time speeds up once a little one enters the world. Cherish each moment. Give lots of hugs and kisses. Say I love you every chance you get. And be sure to keep your wine well stocked. :) 

That was fun, thanks Stephanie!

While the 'rules' state I need to 'tag' 11 other ladies I find that to be slightly excessive. Here is a handful of Liebster Nominees you should check out!


Ladies, here are your questions:

1. What is the one book you believe everyone must read?
2. If there were 25 hours in a day, what would you do with that extra 60 minutes?
3. To date, what blog post of yours is your favorite, and why?
4. What is one thing you would love to tell your 16-year old self?
5. As moms it is sometimes difficult to carve out 'me' time. What is one thing you love to do just for you?
6. Where is your dream vacation destination?
7. What is the best mommy moment you've experienced thus far?
8. A guilty pleasure:
9. Favorite app:
10. What is something your readers may not know about you?
11. Share a favorite picture of your little one(s) with YOU in the picture, too:

4 comments:

  1. Such fun! I loved learning more about you - thanks for sharing! And that dishwasher thing? NO BUENO!! I hope this changes for you when you move. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a mickey mouse club house obsession over at our house.. She only wants to watch that show and no other show is good enough.. aww!! I love all of Marcus' new mickey mouse gear. Can't wait to see what else he scoops up for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe... Thanks for the shout out! I can't wait to finally meet you and run HH... let's be honest... sit outside and drink wine and laugh hysterically... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Thanks for mentioning me! And for giving me something to blog about on Monday...to say I'm in a blogging rut would be an extreme understatement!

    ReplyDelete