However, there is the rare occasion where the little man slows down. While he isn't all that interested in arts and crafts, or puzzles and such, he does enjoy swiping my iPhone or the iPad.
It took some trial and error, and lots of downloading (and then deleting) to find a few quality apps that keep Marcus entertained and are educational.
So today I thought I'd share our favorites:
1. Little Fox Music Box ($1.99)- part of the Fox and Sheep collection. Ages 1-5.
2. Nighty Night ($1.99)- part of the Fox and Sheep collection. Ages 1-4.
This was also nominated as App of the Year by Apple.
|The fish are our favorite. When you tap them they zoom about, causing some serious giggles in our house.|
3. Toddlers Seek and Find, My Little Town ('lite' version is free, full version is $1.99). Ages 1-5.
4. Tiny Hands Educational Towers ($1.99). Ages +1.5 years.Sally and Mace! Marcus has been enamored with it.
It's puzzle after puzzle, increasing in difficulty. This is teaching Marcus before and after, big versus small, top versus bottom. This has become an instant hit in our house.
|The bright colors and fun designs keep us busy for minutes!|
5. Kids Trucks: Puzzles ('lite' version is free, full version is $1.99). Ages 1-6.
It's trucks! That's about all I needed to download for Marcus to make him happy. To make me happy these are puzzles that gradually get more difficult as you go. Once each puzzle is successfully completed 'bubbles' appear on the screen and are fun to 'pop.'
These are our go-tos when
mommy just needs to sit down for a minute we need a change of pace from our regular go-go-go sprint.
Share some of your favorite apps! We have a few long trips coming up, and we are always searching for ways to keep Marcus sitting still for multiple hours on end.