1.08.2014

Extended Stay

In the last few posts I've eluded to the fact that Marcus and I are still in Kansas City, while Scott is back in LA.

During our holiday tour of the Midwest, Scott caught the flu. He then proceeded to pass the bug to me, the *day* we were to fly back to LA. Within 12 hours of me getting sick, Marcus also came down with the sickness. Nothing says Merry Christmas, Happy New Year like the flu.

Needless to say, for a good three day stretch things were interesting, and messy, and zero fun. Because of all the flu-bug joys Marcus and I weren't able to fly back home with Scott.
About the only good thing about a sick baby and mommy is all the extra sleep and snuggles (because we are clearly not winning any beauty pageants). The rest of the sickness is for the birds!
Thankfully, we are all now back to 100%.

Marcus and I are enjoying our extra time in Kansas City, soaking up the extra love, attention, and additional help. However, it is safe to say we both miss Scott, and are ready to get back to SoCal where 'cold' weather equates to 55 degrees.

But for now our arctic fun continues.
Checking out one of Kansas City's frozen fountains.
Water still spouts out in some places, creating cool cracks, crevices, and formations in the ice.
There was an attempt to color the water red before freezing. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the color.

16 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better...it stinks being sick and having a sick little one at the same time. You still look great even when sick!!

    Laura @ Mice In The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! When can you get back home? You've been away a long time now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I can't even imagine throwing the flu into this crazy winter mix! Glad you guys are feeling better and hope you make it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you all are feeling better. The flu is no fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better! What unfortunate timing, but at least you were able to extend your vacation a bit. Those frozen fountains are so cool! (Pun intended ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of Marcus coming out of the arctic is really cool. It looks like a movie cover :) Glad you guys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only you were stuck 4 miles further East. Although I don't the world could handle us both in the same area code!

    Glad you guys are feeling better. That stomach flu was no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I'm glad you are feeling better. I was right with you on being ill - sucked. At least Aria didn't get sick though, I just got to suffer alone.
    I've never heard of a frozen fountain...what is that?! I'm going to have to google =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ughh, I'm so sorry--that's the worst!!! But if I were to get stuck somewhere, I guess would want it to be KC too :) Glad you guys are feeling better though...and safe travels back to Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no, I'm sorry! Simon also got the flu on Friday. Luckily he recovered super fast and no one else got it from him. that frozen fountain looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It only got to 17 degrees here in Alabama yesterday and I was about to DIE!!! -10 last night and I've still not thawed out. This southern girl can't take the cold.

    Glad y'all are better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The same exact thing happened to us! Luckily Myles didn't get sick, but I got the worse flu I've ever had. I was totally down for the count for 3 days! Good thing is I finally started to feel better by the time we had our flight otherwise I would have been staying longer too. I couldn't imagine traveling feeling the way I did! Good to see that you're enjoying yourself though. I was definitely ready to leave the frozen trundra and get back home! Safe travels when you go back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am so sorry you guys got sick! i can not imagine not being able to fly home due to that! :( glad you are on the mend! i hope you're all together again soon! (those fountains look crazy cool!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! That sounds terrible. I am glad you guys are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  15. yuck to being so sick! I can relate to how awful being sick around the holidays is! But at least you got some extra time with family, some toddler cuddles and Marcus got to experience some crazy mid west winter weather! :) Hope you get to go home soon and warm up :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok just saw this...what a bummer! hope you guys are all feeling better now and enjoying your extra time in KS!

    ReplyDelete