It's been a stressful week, to say the least. Sending Grandma D home is never fun, talks of moving aren't easy, and dealing with a croupy (read: snotty nosed) kid is not my idea of awesome.
However, here we are - FRIDAY! #thankyoubabyjesus
Though the week was a little, um, rough, it is time to high-five and highlight the positives.
1. Scott's had some insanely early mornings this week. I think there was only one day he "slept in" until 5:00. The rest of the week he was up by 3:00, or earlier. Today was another early start, but he'll be home around lunch. Macke Family three-day weekend for the win!
2. Last night Scott and I had a nice, long discussion with my dad about our housing situation. My dad has always been one to take a bad situation and make it better. There are not enough thanks in the world to let my dad know how grateful I am that he has the ability to put my mind at ease. Dad, if you're reading this, thank you times infinity.
3. After seeing Jamie's InstaGram pics of Disney Land (and Scott getting home early today) I'm doing everything I can to convince Scott we NEED to make a trip there this weekend (read: today). Marcus is OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse, he'd be in heaven if he met the squeaky mouse.
4. I'm also hoping we "run into Santa" while we're out and about this weekend. Marcus has yet to meet the jolly old man, and secretly I'm hoping for a Santa Fail Photo - mom of the year, right here!
5. In the last couple weeks I've cut down my running milage a bit and kicked it up a notch in the weights department. As much as I love running it's nice to have a little change in the workout routine. Yesterday's workout took about 20 minutes, but every muscle in my body was shaking from fatigue. If you have a medicine ball, some weights, and 20 minutes give this a try.
It looks easy enough, but I PROMISE you will feel a burn in your butt and thighs.