6.23.2011

A Summer Must Read!


As I page through my summer book list, every now and again I come across a book that I just have to share.

I just finished reading one of the best pieces of fiction I've read in a long time. According to NPR.org "This could be one of the most important pieces of fiction since To Kill a Mocking Bird... If you read only one book... let this be it." And I couldn't agree more!
The Help takes the reader to Mississippi, 1962, where help was the norm in white households. From what it was like to be the help, to what it was like to be white and want to change the way society viewed help, the book paints a picture of how different times were, and how real the problems were during the Jim Crow era.

I want to go on and on about this book, but it'd be so hard to without giving away so much of the story. It's an amazing read, and near impossible to put down once the first page is turned.

The book has been made into a movie. I'm not sure of the release date, but when the movie is released it is safe to say I'll be purchasing a ticket.

Should you read this fantastic piece of literature, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment