12.11.2017

Fix #18

This last month I've been doing a massive purge of clothes. I've hauled more bags of clothes to the local nuns than they'll probably ever know what to do with. A good closet cleaning is always nice. But, it's also left me with a gaping hole and a stark reminder that I'm pretty low on clothes these days.

I bumped up my Stitch Fix request this month by a few weeks. I asked stylist Raquel for neutral colors, sweaters that are cozy, oversized, but not too bulky or heavy; a tall order, considering sweaters, by nature are generally designed for cold weather. I also asked for a pair of jeans that could be a staple in my everyday wear.

Did we ever question whether Raquel would deliver? Nope. Not for a second.

To the threads.


MAVI || FREIDA SKINNY JEAN + RD STYLE || TONIE LACE INSET PULLOVER
I couldn't tell her no when she asked to be in the photo. I mean, jammies plus boots equals amazing.
I need another pair of jeans like I need a hole in the head. But, I love the fit. These seem a little more cropped than the rest of the jeans I own, which I'm currently digging. I love the color - it's a touch lighter than a few pairs I own, and a smidge darker than a few others. So, it totally makes these different. Also. These didn't slide down off my butt, or get too stretchy after a bit of wear. I just couldn't send these back. To the dresser drawer these went!

Cream. Lace. Zipper detail. BOAT NECK. Holy buckets, just jump on a hanger and get in my closet already. I'm also a huge fan of how lightweight this top is. Apparently we're never going to get winter (highs in the 80s all week). So, this is gives the perfect festive look without sweating gallons while wearing it.

Verdict :: Kept Both

KENSIE || LONA ZIPPER SLEEVE PULLOVER
I'm really on the fence with this one. The zipper detail on the sleeves is adorable, I love that touch of character. And, I think I like the color, it's unlike anything I have in the closet. In these pictures I *think* the fit looks good. I just can't decide. HELP!!

Verdict :: SOMEONE TELL ME IF I SHOULD KEEP IT OR SEND IT BACK!


COIN 1804 || PENTY DRAWSTRING WAIST KNIT TOP
Oh. My. Gosh. This is next level soft. I'm pretty sure it's made of clouds and fairy dust and whimsical silk. And, I like the color of this. But. It's shorter than I'd like, and feel it's pretty plain, borderline boring (considering the price of $58). I feel it hits me totally wrong on my waist, and makes my hips look wider than they need to and gives me a very boxy look. If this was more oversized and longer I'd be keeping this, no questions asked.

Verdict :: Returned


HARPER LANE || GOODWIN COWL NECK SWEATER
This sweater is pretty much everything wrapped into one delightful piece. Go ahead and give me all the things black - I'm currently on a very muted palate (as far as my clothes are concerned), so the black color makes my heart sing. The cowl neck is amazing and doesn't make it look like my top is trying to eat my neck. The slits on the sides make for just the right amount of sexy. And the lightweight fabric means I'm not sweating my face off. Let's also pay homage to the front POCKETS!

Verdict :: Kept

Please, please, please, give me your input. I'm sending back pieces soon, and need to know, DO I KEEP THAT KENSIE PULLOVER?? Should I send something else back? HELP!!

Now. The best news! If you've considered Stitch Fix, but just couldn't quite pull the trigger. NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT! If you sign up now and request a fix (just click this highlighted portion) your first styling fee is waived! Go ahead. Do it. You know you want to!!

11 comments:

  1. First off, your hips DO NOT look big but this is my least favorite sweater of the bunch so I say send it back ($58 is not chump change.) I want all these in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like everything you kept. I love the black cowl neck sweater. It's something that you can easily dress up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater that you're on the fence about ... I think you should get it! It looks great on you. I'm loving the black cowl sweater too ... so gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great fix! I love everything you kept. I love the zipper pullover and think it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to the comment game, but I can see why you're on the fence about the sweater... I don't LOVE the color but if you think you'd wear it, I hope you kept it. I love the first top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally think you kept the right pieces!! Love those two sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so it took me a million years (sorry!) to finally read this and I'm LOVING what you kept!!! You know I love KFTK jeans, but those Mavi jeans looks SUPER cute on you!! Also, love those two sweaters!! What did you decide on the zipper sweater?
    Also, I need a good closet clean out too. I've been holding on to things because I "might" want to wear them again, but they need to go! Maybe with the move?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite is the last sweater, the black one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the first two. I was finally able to get a free Stitch Fix, so I'll be getting it in January!

    ReplyDelete