3.29.2017

Fix #13

It's been a hot minute since my last fix! This fix actually came almost three weeks ago, and I've been meaning to get around to it, but, life...

To be completely honest, I dropped the ball on the note to my stylist (hi, Raquel!). I basically left the note blank, with exception of a request for a moto jacket I must have mentioned upon checking out from my last fix. Thank goodness Raquel is seriously THE best, and she scoured my Pinterest board and pulled all sorts of inspiration from that.
So, let's just dive right into the goodies, yes?

Raquel knows the way to my wardrobe-loving heart. I was thrilled to see grays and navys and stripes peeking out from my box.

Le Lis || Towen Woven Detail Knit Top
I'm ready for all things spring and summer, tops included. When I pulled out this mixed media top I was really hopeful. I loved the idea of the floral print on the bottom. The knit top was super breathable and lightweight, the straps were wide enough to hide bra straps. But, the floral was sewn in to the knit top at a spot that just hit me all wrong, and I felt like it added more to my hips. And, ain't nobody got time for even wider hips than absolutely necessary. 

Verdict || Returned 

Colette || Chavez pop Color Cuff Knit Top
This top was so soft when I pulled it out of the box, I couldn't wait to try it on. Black and white stripes are just about as amazing as navy and white stripes, and that pop of bright yellow had me smitten with it before I even put the top on. I loved how it felt, I loved that it didn't cling to me, and it just seemed like a really good wardrobe staple. Since receiving this fix I've already worn this top no less than a handful of times.

Verdict || Kept

THML || Livy Knit Maxi Dress
Navy, stripes, embroidered detail, fun tassels, all in one super comfortable maxi?! It checked almost every box I use when shopping for clothes. I was THISCLOSE to adding this one to my closet. BUT, I have a navy and white maxi from Stitch Fix that is just too similar to this one to justify keeping this beauty. As much as I wanted to hang on to this piece I just don't have a need for two dresses that are so similar. 

Verdict || Returned 

41Hawthorn || Dawney Scallop Trim Blouse
Navy. Soft. Scallops. Perfect for almost any occasion in the summer. Just go ahead and put this one right on a hanger in my closet, please and thank you. Oh, and I have to mention that the bottom tapers in just a bit so it's fitted nicely and doesn't rise up when I move. I'm seriously loving this top. 

Verdict || Kept

Market & Spruce || Elissa French Terry Moto Jacket
I had the cutest little fashion helpers!
Market & Spruce || Elissa French Terry Moto Jacket
41Hawthorn || Dawney Scallop Trim Blouse
Kut From the Kloth || Dayna Skinny Jeans
Seychelles || Laser Cut Bootie 
THIS. JACKET. 
I saved the best for last. This is the moto jacket that I specifically requested, and I was beyond shocked and thrilled when I discovered it was in this fix! (I also happened to be wearing Stitch Fix from head to toe when we were out and about looking for pretty walls, so Liz kindly obliged in playing photographer for me while I stood in front of the #bleedinghearts wall). This jacket is literally everything I want and need in a jacket. It's not too heavy, so it's absolutely perfect for those days when the temps are cool, but don't require serious outerwear. It's so soft, so when I layer it with a tank top it's crazy comfortable. It's the perfect shade of gray, so it pairs well with literally every single thing in my closet. And, the zippers and buttons add the nicest little touch to bump up the character of this piece. I've worn this so many times since receiving it that I've lost count. If you don't have this jacket in your life you're missing out, and you need it. Request it in your next fix, stat.

Verdict || Kept

A 3/5! I consider that a total victory considering I gave little to no instruction to Raquel in regards to pieces I wanted. 

Thoughts? Did I keep the right pieces??

If you haven't signed up for Stitch Fix yet give it a shot and sign up here! 

17 comments:

  1. I was hoping that you kept the dress but since you have one similar in your closet I agree with the return!

    That jacket, swoon! Looks so good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrolled immediately to see if you kept the jacket and was going to yell at you if you didn't. Looks great! I love the navy scallop blouse as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jacket and the striped shirt and I liked that first top too, too bad it didn't work out. I almost hit the order button on stitch fix yesterday but I still didn't go through with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fix! The scallops are so cute and the yellow on that striped top is the perfect pop of color! I do love that first tank and I don't think it adds to your hips, BUT I know the feeling (#bighipsunite) and no sense in keeping something you don't feel great in! I want that maxi for myself...and I want your stylist!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome fix! That jacket is so so perfect for you! Also loving that scalloped blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything you kept! And I am obsessed with that moto jacket! What a great fix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fix! I love the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you kept! Especially that navy top; that's super cute! I may have to request that one next :) I also love that striped top- it's similar to one that I kept in my last fix and I wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love everything you kept! I Really liked the tank top, too. Smokin' mama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was super excited to see this post today - these are some of my favorites of yours!

    Yes, you kept the right pieces. That jacket is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything that you decided to keep! Especially the jacket! So CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great fix, that scalloped top, swooning voer that, if it goes missing in your closet, don't look t me...;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Le Lis || Towen Woven Detail Knit Top but totally understand not wanting to dry attention to certain parts of your body.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This box was AMAZING! Seriously, Raquel is THE best. You didn't even leave a note and she pulled that amazingness. That jacket is amazing and that navy shirt you wore with it is too. I love the stripe top as well. I wasn't sure about the pop of yellow but I think it compliments it well.
    I haven't scheduled a fix in forever, but this has me wanting to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, I love that jacket! What a great fix! This makes me want to schedule my next one asap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That jacket is adorable and I love the pop of yellow on those sleeves of that shirt!

    ReplyDelete