3.09.2016

Fix #4

 This fix came as a bit of a surprise. I knew I'd had one scheduled (which I scheduled over a month ago), but never checked to see just when my fix was to arrive. No email was ever sent stating that my shipment was on the way, so when that pretty box with the blue logo was on my door step I was more than pleasantly surprised.

This round I asked my stylist, Alex (hiiiii!!) - whom I love - for items that were more fitting for spring, as well as a new handbag/purse. I currently have a Timi and Leslie diaper bag that I LOVE, but when the rare occasion arises that I do something without my children, I'm left in the dust. I don't have any cute hand bags or purses.

So, let's see what this fix was all about.
Looks promising. Yes?
I am so impressed that Alex takes the time to read my blog posts and gives feedback on the SF pieces I wear.
I won't lie, I was more than disappointed to read that there were ZERO hand bags to include in my fix, but I've got my fingers crossed for something epic in the next fix.

Moving along to what was in this fix...

Wynne Maxi Dress
I love a good maxi, and this one fit well and felt great, and was perfect for nursing. But, I just wasn't feeling it. The print didn't do a whole lot for me. I honestly have so many maxis in my closet already, I was concerned this one would get lost in the mix.

Verdict || Returned 

Margerie Stripe & Open Dot Cardigan
My initial reaction to this was excitement. I really liked the idea of the pattern mixing, and the material wasn't super heavy, so it'd be perfect for cool, spring day. But, once on me I was underwhelmed. The front was longer than the back, which was ok, but the way top opened, and laid was a bit weird. I felt like I was constantly trying to adjust everything to keep it open the way I wanted. 

Verdict || Returned

Ivy Split Neck Print Blouse
When I first saw this top I was totally unsure what to think. I loved the color but couldn't decide if the print was cool, or matronly. But, the more I wore it the more I grew to like it. I really like the v-neck, I love the tab sleeves, it's light weight, I really liked the color on me, and overall a piece I feel I could, and will, wear often. 

Verdict || Kept

Rowson Colorblock Striped Sweater
This is what my mom-clothes dreams are made of, and I knew it immediately upon pulling this sweater out of the box. It's super lightweight, I LOVE the mint color, and the stripes have my heart forever. I couldn't resist throwing on my Sperry's and boyfriend jeans. I can wear this to preschool drop off, to the grocery store, or even out to a casual dinner with Scott. It's an easy look that still looks put together, and I'm swooning.

Verdict || Kept

Queensland Dolman Jersey Top
In four fixes this is the FRIST Dolman to ever come my way! I don't even know how that's possible, and I was wondering if the infamous Dolman would ever reach me. But, alas, here it is. I thought I wouldn't like it. But I thought wrong. It fits like a glove, covers all the fluff, the stretchy jersey knit is fabulous (which will make nursing a breeze), and the color is easily one of my favorites. 

Verdict || Kept

How did I do? Did I keep the keepers and ditch the rest? What do you think?

If you have yet to sign up for Stitch Fix head here to give it a shot! Signing up is FREE and you aren't charged the styling fee until you receive your fix. Don't forget, that styling fee goes toward your purchase. Look at it this way, a $20 styling fee is easily the Starbucks and gas getting to and from the mall. Give Stitch Fix a try!

29 comments:

  1. The mint stripe sweater!!!! I've had that on my Pinterest board hoping for it forever! I love it so much. I have a couple dolmans and you're right- they are AMAZING. and also, how come your tab sleeve blouse looks sooooo much better on you than me?! Because it totally does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you kept! It all looks so great on you. My very favorite is the mint & gray sweater! I want one in my closet. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the pieces! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you kept is exactly what I would have kept! Hope you get your dream bag your next fix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all three items you kept! What a great fix! That's the same dolman top I got - love the color of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the mint striped sweater!!!! So cute on you! And I love the way you styled it. I never like any of my fixes but love everyone elses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay this was seriously awesome fix!!! I love everything. And your body looked bangin' in the maxi dress! I have that color block sweater pinned, but my fixes have been less than desirable lately, and I never get super personalized notes like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad about the maxi dress being a non need. I loved it on you! That sweater though - amazing. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great fix! I love the pink top!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pink top is 100% your color! I was so glad to see you kept that one. I also really love the striped sweater on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pieces you kept. I would have kept the maxi dress. I love it and it screams spring and summer with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome fix! The Ivy blouse is such a beautiful color on you!! I loved everything on you, but agree with your keepers. I look forward to seeing you future fixes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah!! This fix was easily my favorite one thus far!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sarah!! This fix was easily my favorite one thus far!

      Delete
  13. I LOVE your fix!!!! And LOVE everything you kept! That pink shirt is gorgeous. That dolman is PERFECT! I got the same one in my last fix in black and love love love it! The blue color is so pretty. And that mint sweater? Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, loved what you kept! That sweater was seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you didn't keep that split neck magenta top you would be nuts - it looks amazing on you! Loved what you kept.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did good! Especially like the Ivy blouse, great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, LOVE! This was a great fix girl. Maybe one of the best I have seen the only thing I didn't love was that cardigan but I totally understand why you didn't keep the dress if it was just going to be white noise.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that was a great fix! I absolutely love the striped sweater, the blouse, and the blue shirt! I would have kept them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My stylist did an awesome job with this fix!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! My stylist did an awesome job with this fix!

      Delete
  19. I love that mint sweater. I have never really looked at stitch fix before, but I may now. I am terrible when it comes to choosing something for myself. I have no style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loooove that mint and grey stripey sweater!! So glad you kept it!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want your colorblock striped sweater!!! So cute! You are looking so slim lady, kudos! How are you feeling? Body back to normal?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your boxes always seems so great. I think it's totally awesome that your stylist follows your blog & mentioned the pieces you choose to keep & how you styled them, that's personal styling for sure. I was a bit skeptical hearing about a 'personal' stylist & kind of just assumed it was a name assigned to a person on a whim & could change throughout the Fixes one would get; guess that is not the case. And seems like you've got a winner with Alex, lucky lady you! Love all the pieces you kept on you, good choices.
    I did decide to bite the bullet a couple months back & sign up and scheduled a fix for March. I had been reading your SF posts & had a couple friends on Facebook talking all about all the great stuff they were getting. I went into this knowing it was a total long shot that anything that came to me would actually fit & be a keeper since I'm on the upper size of the clothing that is currently offered. While I did enjoy all the pieces that were sent my way(2 dress, 2 tops & a cardigan) they were all super cute(slightly expensive) but unfortunately nothing came even close to really fitting well, but I would still recommend the service to anyone who is looking for something different in their wardrobe or just doesn't have the time to go out to the stores & all that that involves(partially why I was hoping at least something would fit & be worth keeping...). I couldn't get over how cute all the clothes were wrapped & packaged together in the little tissue paper cube inside the box though, very clever way to package & make it more exciting in my opinion. Here's to getting a handbag/purse in your next shipment & maybe you will now that you've talked about it and you know Alex reads your blog!
    Hope all is well in the Macke household & that the rest of your week is good!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  23. That pink top is such a pretty color on your! And the sweater (colors + style) is adorable, too!! I think you look great in the maxi, too, but probably not worth the price if you just weren't feeling it! I got that mixed pattern cardi a couple of fixes ago...liked it a lot, but not for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, I love these!! That sweater is PERFECT for being a mom! haha!! Just what we need. :) Love the blue top and the blouse! That is definitely not something I would put in my cart, but I love it! That's why I love Stitch Fix!! Good choices, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything you kept, especially that blouse- it looks really good on you! And that sweater looks amazing! One of these days, I'm going to take the plunge and do stitch fix!

    ReplyDelete