3.04.2011

Chocolate Chip Baked Goods :)

Ok, most people call them chocolate chip *ahem* cookies. I however, cannot stand the "c" word. Don't ask the reason. I'll be the first to admit, it's a bit ridiculous, but that's just how the baked good crumbles.

This past week Scott has been training for work. His days were long and exhausting. And, I wanted to do something I knew Scott would appreciate when he gets home... Chocolate chip baked goods are a favorite with Scott. He consumes them at lightning speed.

So, I've baked at batch and thought I'd share the great recipe I've acquired from Scott's mom and sister. Since obtaining the recipe I've tweaked it some.

What you'll need:

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup (or 1 stick) Crisco, butter flavor (it MUST be butter flavor)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon (play around with the cinnamon until you find the desired taste; I use just under 1/4 tsp)
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 bags MILK chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups flour



*Preheat oven to 375.
*In a bowl combine sugar, brown sugar and Crisco. (If you're using a hand mixer, make sure it's of decent quality. I've laid three mixers to rest because the dough gets to be a bit heavy.)
*Once the sugars and Crisco are creamed together, add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and chocolate chips.
*Then add the flour in 1/2 cup increments. This allows you to make sure your dough doesn't become too dry.
*Drop approximately 1 Tbsp. dough onto baking sheet. I found the small ice cream scoops are a great way to maintain a consistent shape and size.
*Bake for 8-9 minutes.
*As soon as the edges begin to brown, remove baked goods from the oven.
*The baked goods may not appear to be fully baked. Allow them to stay on the sheet and continue baking (OUT of the oven) for 5-8 minutes.
*Batch yields 60-65 baked goods.



The end result is a fabulously soft, chewy, chocolatey baked good. :)



ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing I LOVE this! Makes me want to come hang out & do some baking with you! - Jill

    ReplyDelete